Yesterday while cleaning up my room, I found a perfect pink fabric (and lots of it) for my planned Winter Solstice Quilt that Pat Sloan is designing. We get 1 block each Wednesday and it will run from Winter Solstice to Summer Solstice. Yesterday we go block 8. So I got half of the blocks done today. It was a nice change from one I have been doing because it was big pieces in big blocks. I know 12 inch blocks are small for some people...but they feel giant when the blocks you have been making are 3 inch.
Even my 16 patches feel big some days at 6 inches.

While saving the patterns for this, this afternoon, I found that she had also issued a challenge to make a quilt top using block 4 (top right). I looked, but was unhopeful that it was still going on, and lo and behold, it is still open until Thursday the 16th. So I am going to do it with random scraps. If I work fast enough, I can get it done by Wednesday afternoon, and share it at my scrap presentation that night.
This challenge is also why I only got 4 blocks done. I'm a bit of a rule follower, and I like sequence. So, I didn't want to move on to block 5 if the challenge was for block 4. I've also had other projects come to a screeching halt if I am waiting for more supplies to come....even if I could work on a different part. I had it happen with the Splendid Sampler too, while I was working on catching up. I had to wait for wash away stabilizer for an embroidery block...and I tried to push myself to make the next block. I did manage 1....but I couldn't get myself to make another out of order.
I've also seen this happen with homework assignments (in college or high school) and in my exercising. I would often work on the things that were late before I would work on the things that were due next. Anyway, my goal for tomorrow will be to alternate 15 minutes exercise and 15 minutes working on this challenge quilt. I may have to switch it to 10 minutes on the exercise because the 15 minutes was kind of brutal tonight.
Part of me is really going to miss the daily exercise expectation. It is nice to have someone telling me what I should do to exercise each day and the accountability part of it.
Anyway, Goodnight.
1 comment:
love those blocks and the colors are perfect
Post a Comment