About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday Crazy

Today's Block Count: 0

I honestly wasn't home much today. The day started with a doctor's appointment for Nate, which revealed no answers to a baffling medical issue, and a someday maybe suggestion on an expensive diagnostic test or two to confirm that it isn't what the doctor doesn't think it is...but neither is necessary at the moment, so he completely understands if we wait. He also recommended an allergy test for rice, just to once again confirm our suspicion that it has just had a coincidental relationship to the problem.

The problem we are facing, is that since Nate got sick in June (ended up in the hospital with mild dehydration 2 weeks into a 3 week illness), he throws up once every 2-3 weeks in the middle of the night. And then is fine again for another 2-3 weeks. He also tends to take every illness that comes to our family and turns it into a stomach issue (including what is a head cold for the rest of us). If anyone has ever had experience with something like this, I would love to hear about it.

The appointment felt like a lot of "well if it was x, we would expect y to happen." Over and over again. Anyway, hopefully we can figure it out eventually.

On a happier note, I got to help at school today, and while the kids were extremely talkative, they were really good at working on something that most of them didn't want to do (finishing missing pages in their math books). I was really impressed with the fact that some of them even would look through and find the pages they had missed without bringing their books to us for us to tell them which to do.

On an even happier note, I found adorable little composition notebooks. I'm a sucker for notebooks, and then you make them tiny, and I have a hard time resisting. The fact that they were 3 for 88 cents made them even more irresistible. I was going to be good and just get 1 batch of 3, but then the boys each wanted one, so OF COURSE, I had to get the 3 different color set options. Kyle chose the aqua at first and then stole the lime green I had picked for me (so now I've started using the aqua to make a list of everything I want to take and talk about on Wednesday night). And Nate chose the pink. I love when I can give my boys the chance to choose pink if he wants. I want them to feel like they can use all the crayons in the box no matter what happens in life. I think life would be pretty boring if you had to pretend a certain color didn't exist because "society" told you to.

I also decided on a project to have the kids do tomorrow at the Valentine's Party. It's a really cool version of the woven paper hearts. I know for sure 3 of the other moms have their centers planned (we have 4 so we can split the kids up and rotate), but the 4th I asked to help with a center never responded...so I have made sure that I have an extra activity. I did it in October, too, even though I had all 4 moms tell me what they were doing. It doesn't hurt to be prepared. I'll try to get some fun pictures of the party tomorrow.

I also decided that I was ok taking the boys on our Valentine's date. With as crazy as this week is, tonight was the best night, but we weren't able to get a babysitter. Aside from Nate jabbering and whining all night, it wasn't a bad date. It did make me smile though when Spencer realized why I usually say it doesn't count as a date if the boys are with us. For those who live near Provo, Utah...one of my new favorite places is Zubs, they have subs and pizza, and the bread/crust is heavenly. They also have some board games in a cabinet, which Nate and Kyle loved. So while we waited for our food, they played with the Connect Four game. It also was not even remotely busy, there was a couple there when we got there who left before we were done ordering, and a mom and daughter (I think) who came in while we were eating. So I didn't feel bad when Kyle was upset over having to share his chips with Nate, and I think the boys liked that it felt a little more relaxed, too. I had the Italia d'Alfredo pizza...yummm.

Now I'm off to bed because tomorrow is another busy day. Goodnight.

1 comment:

maggie fellow said...

The longer we are moms, the more anything out with help from Dad is a "date" even the grocery store