About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Missed a Few

Today's Block Count: 4
Today's Yesterday's Block Count: 27
Day Before Yesterday's Block Count: 26
Day Before Day Before Yesterday's Block Count: 34

Doh! I had this 98% ready to post yesterday, and then went to bed and forgot to finish it.

 This was my last block for yesterday. It was the end of another week....so I'm especially upset with myself for not getting a picture of them week's blocks yesterday since that meant I didn't get myself entered into the drawing. But I guess I will survive since staying caught up is the biggest part of that goal.
 I also managed to finish up my Day 3 block for Sweat and Sew...it is bad enough...I might have to make another...but I will wait and see how the others turn out. There wasn't as much contrast in the fat quarter bundle as would really be good...and I didn't want to use the good yellow and good black too much in the beginning since this still has another week of blocks to go.

I also got the last 2 purple Tiny Jacob's Ladders done. So now it is on to sea green. She described it as being teal, and turquoise, and basically all the fabrics that fall between green and blue that are harder to use. So tonight I went through my green bin (it's still in the drawers on my desk since that is the color I am supposed to be working on for the Rainbow 365) and grabbed everything out that read more blue when combined with the sea of green. I think while I'm at it I'm going to try to make a few extra tiny 4 patches...since I way over did on my purple half square triangles, so I'll have just a few crossovers.

I also want to try to come up with another simple quilt (really want to aim for twin if I can) to use some of the scraps in. I only managed a baby size last month...which may be all I can do again this month, but I don't really want to do that strippy quilt again this month...maybe I should do 4 patches or 9 patches with 2.5 inch squares. What do you guys think?

This one could be fun with the 4 patches/16 patches just being scrappy instead of coordinating, and black and white Half Square Triangles. Or a 2 color Split 9-Patch. Or this one. I could also be up for a Half Square Triangle something, or an orange peel...or half hexagons...really kind of anything. Let me know if you have any ideas.

I also managed 1 more Black and White Block. I also have been making some good progress on my second Tumbler Quilt and have cut and halfway sewn the quarter square triangles for part 7 of En Provence. I've really been enjoying the sending of fabric through my machine. Here's hoping for more progress tomorrow. Happy Sewing.


Read the part below this as though it is a day old (because it is).

So I fell a little behind on my blog posts the last couple days, because I usually do it after my computer shuts off at 11...but I've let myself stay up much later than I should have, and I've just fallen into bed and fallen asleep instead. I'm going to start working on my posts during the day as I accomplish things. So it may look a little different

So without further ado, the day before yesterday was spent working on the Tiny Jacob's Ladder Blocks again. I'm almost done with my purples. I got 34 done that day.

Then, yesterday, I managed to get 4 more Tiny Jacob's Ladders done, 1 Black and White Block, and my Day 2 #sweatandsew1 block, and 20 quarter square triangles for En Provence. Slow and steady progress will lead to finished objects.


Part of my sewing today was to try to finish up the purple Tiny Jacob's Ladders. So far I have finished 3 more...which means I just need to cut a few more 4 patches to finish those up. I also have another 23 of the quarter square triangles for En Provence which finishes up part 6. Now I can cut for part 7.

1 comment:

maggie fellow said...

love mthe little jacobs ladder blocks. the en provence colors are pretty together -- such tiny pieces :)