About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Monday, February 06, 2017

En Provence Parts Done

Today's Block Count: 83 + 1

I found a bonus block from yesterday that I forgot to include in my count. It was an extra from when I made the black and white block yesterday since it had used the 2 half square triangles from a square method.
 This is my Day 6 Sweat and Sew Block. I decided that instead of trying to continue to work in order, I should make sure that the current day's is done before I work on catching up. I'll do some more catchup tomorrow.
 I got caught up on my Black and White Blocks again with these 2. I also managed to sew (or finish sewing) all of the quarter square triangles for the last clue of En Provence. The only thing left to do is to cut some yellow squares and then I can start putting blocks together. I'm kind of excited about that...even though I'm not sure if I really like the quilt... But on the plus side, once the top is done, that's one of my 4 UFOs off my list for the year.

I also have begun on my sea green Tiny Jacob's Ladders. I also decided that while I am cutting pieces for that, I'm also going to cut 2 inch squares for 4-patch and Furrows. I found a nice dark brown and a peachy cream to use for the furrows. I think this will be a simple enough pattern that I should have no trouble addingnthese in while working on the Tiny Jacob's Ladders.
Tonight while exercising I was supposed to be doing some hops and baby crow poses. I knew I would dread it less if I had a workout buddy, and I knew Kyle would love the hopping. I was completely right about that. He had the biggest grin on his face as we were hopping. He kept hopping in my way, but it was cute. Then when I went to try the baby crow pose, he did this. I had to get a bit stern with him a minute later as he kept trying to crawl on top of my back, knock my feet off the stairs, lay underneath between my legs, and under my butt. Then once he realized that Mommy was not ok with that...he went and got his blankets and pillows and laid down next to me...

No comments: