Today's Block Count: 5
Yesterday's Block Count: 1
I am really glad that last week is over. Now I can focus on the new week, This week we have Epic Sew Day, President's Day (so Nate will be home), and Nate is starting off the week sick, but no longer contagious.
I ordered the pattern and another solid fat quarter bundle (or 2...ooops 😜) to be able to do the Long Time Gone pattern by Jen Kingwell as part of the quilt-along being hosted by Angie starting in the middle of March. I will be doing it in Solids.
But after I ordered it, my mom said I had to finish my Gypsy Wife Top before I could start that one. So of course that got me thinking I needed to get it out. I dug it out (everytime she tells me something needs to be done...it's always at the bottom of the stack of bins), and actually got the last block I needed done for Section 5 and figured out my stripes (which was why it got put away in the first place) last night, and then I finished Section 5 up and attached it today before starting on section 6.
I forgot how much I loved this one. I started it last year as part of a quilt-along and lost control of it in May when the stripes were going to require some thinking that I didn't want to have to do. They are all warm fabrics and purples on a black and white striped background. The color inspiration actually came from a desire to showcase the blocks (black and white stripes) and some warm fat quarter bundles I had bought. There were some purples included in that and I think they have added some great interest. I also added a few more fat quarters into the set since I needed a little bit more variety once I started.
This is also another project that tends to need a lot of leaders and enders (as most samplers do) so I also managed to finish 4 more Tiny Jaocb's Ladders...and 1 messed up Tiny Jacob's ladder that will be going into my orphan bin.
This week I'm hoping to get more done around the house, since this week was one project/deadline after the other. So who knows what all will be accomplished. I am going to try to get myself to do a little bit of quilting each day this week, which for me will include any part that happens after the top is finished...so backing, basting, quilting, trimming, or binding because those are the parts I tend to veer away from. But I think it is safe to say that my list needs to be paired down somehow, and this is the best way...1 bite at a time.



1 comment:
oh I really like that gypsy wife.
Post a Comment