Today's Block Count: 28
Today I was trying to focus on getting my teal blocks done for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. For me that means getting the monthly number for my Tiny Jacob's Ladder (80) as well as trying to get the blocks for a quilt in the month's color. I don't think I'm going to get either done this month. But I did make some good progress (in my opinion) on all of that. I got 8 Tiny Jacob's Ladder Blocks. I got 1 16-patch. And I got 19 of the big HSTs for the alternate blocks in the Teal Quilt. I also chose to start cutting for the Civil War quilt I decided on just the other day :P for some leaders and Enders. I also almost finished a Black and White Block. Hopefully, tomorrow will yield even more progress though most of the day should be spent working on getting through the book club book since that is tomorrow night.
In the great marble saga, Kyle had another x-ray today. The doctor drew this very basic picture to explain that the marble has not moved and both times it has been just inside the stomach next to the small intestine. He thinks the weight of it is keeping it from getting dragged out by food and has suggested we try getting him to lay on his right side when possible to get the marble to roll into the small intestines. We will give a few weeks of trying this with some monitoring weekly x-rays so we don't lose it somewhere it might create another bad situation. And if that doesn't work, then they will have to sedate him and remove it in a few weeks. So we are really hoping/praying that we will be able to roll the marble into the intestines. All the way out of his body would be best, but seeing that's is moved in the next x-ray would be the next best option.
And in the Katie is an idiot category. While I thought that Kyle's Articulation test was today...it is actually March 27th...so I guess I have more time to wonder about all these things. Of course, it is great that I am such a patient person (while you can't hear it...that sentence positively reeks of sarcasm).


No comments:
Post a Comment