About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Fuzzy Headed Day

Today's Block Count: 0 + 3

Today has been another fuzzy headed day, and I think part of that is due to the fact that my 3 year old was up before 7 this morning...and already being a terror. He climbed on my counter and found candy...11 fruitsies and 3 suckers before I could get my eyes to stay open.
 Also, he has been playing with my VHS tapes because Daddy showed the boys what a video tape is yesterday. They have been playing with some 3d printed Laser Beak Transformers that transform into a video tape, so he thought it would be a good idea to show them. Unfortunately, Kyle is now struggling with the fact that these ones are not toys. Yes, we still have some. No, we do not still own a VCR (Nate ruined it years ago). These are ones that I can't replace, including some of the Disney Sing-Along Songs Tapes.
 Yesterday, I got to enjoy some time watching a live stream of a giraffe in labor (poor thing was still in labor when my computer shut off at 10). Which wasn't highly stimulating...but fun nonetheless. Then because I also have been working on my sorting system in Minecraft, I was also AFK (away from computer/keyboard) there while things were sorting on my second monitor. And since neither of those required my active attention I read. It was actually a really pleasant evening.


 Also, yesterday I managed to get 3 blocks done. 1 bonus 4 patch block and 2 Black and White 365 Blocks.
 Today, with all the fuzzy-headedness, I didn't get much done, though I have started a fun new tv series on Amazon called Just Add Magic. It's great, and something I feel ok watching in front of the boys. It's about a Disney Channel or Tween Level in my opinion, which is perfect for me.
I also went to Epic Sew Day. I trimmed my Vomit Quilt which means I should be able to bind it this weekend. I think I know what I'll be watching while I do 😀. Then a friend snipped at the threads for me, while I traced some tiny hearts. I only did a small batch of them, and then I sat there and cuddled in my Vomit Quilt and fell even more in love with it.

Tomorrow, I get to take Kyle in for a hearing and vision test as a preliminary for a speech test. We are going with the "it doesn't hurt to try" and the "better safe than sorry" and "he does already have a brother doing speech, and it's better to start intervention early" theories for having him tested. Plus if it works out, he can start preschool next year and I will get some periodic quiet time during the day.

No comments: