Today's Block Count: 5 + 2
These little hexie flowers were sewn on Sunday at Church. I keep these in an old pill container and when I'm having trouble sitting still I pull them out. After having taught 5 year olds last year, it can be hard to sit through adult Sunday School some Sundays.This is a make-up block. It was for Day 4 of the Sweat and Sew. I started fighting a very serious headache (light, sound, and movement aggravated) about the middle of the afternoon. It could be any, all, or some combination of not enough sleep, exercise fatigue, dehydration, body adjusting to normal hydration again. (I've gotten really lax on my drinking lately...most days it's a struggle to even get 32 oz...), etc. Anyway, so all morning and then from the minute he got home from school, Nate kept asking when we were going to exercise. He's been loving it. At that point, I was sitting in my room with the lights off and my computer screen's brightness turned way down. So we went out into the hallway, and I had just a little light coming from a doorway, and we did our exercise for the day. I'm glad he got me out there. Tomorrow, I have to work a little bit harder because I am still 2 days behind.
This was Day 7's block and 3 16-patches, for my Sea Green Patches and Pinwheels quilt for the month.
I've also begun to try to create templates using my husband's 3d printer. This was last night's attempt. I managed a much better version today, by removing the pointy corners. The idea is to allow fussy cutting through the center and it has approximately a 3/8 inch seam allowance, so it will be great for English Paper Piecing. My main goal is to get a set made for myself, and if I get it to a point that I feel ok selling them, I will contact the designer of the quilt(s) I've done them for, and ask for permission to sell them. I'm not pushing myself to hurry with this, just trying to put in 10 minutes a day. I'm still learning then software.
1 other point for tonight. I asked my husband what 1 thing he would like me to get done. (I'm trying to get help focusing on a task each day, and hoping it will make it easier for him to see what I got done, and less likely to wonder why I didn't think the same thing was important.) He responded with cleaning up the playroom. I pushed myself to get it cleaned up just as my headache was starting (during naptime). It looked really good when I was done. Nate was really excited to see it clean when he got home, and even talked about putting toys away when he was done with them to keep it clean (of course, now it's his idea despite us telling him for years...). But after Kyle got up, it went downhill fast. By Bedtime...it looked just as bad as it had before I cleaned. It was rather disheartening. It made me want to cry when my husband and I looked at it just after putting the boys to bed. To my husband's credit, he just held me and thanked me for doing it anyway.
I did also do some massive tidying in my sewing room tonight. I managed to get the ginghams down for my Quilt Your Weight Off Swoon. I also have a giant stack of fabrics awaiting wrapping on the comic book boards to be put away. I also found the perfect hot pink to use for the Winter Solstice Challenge (will be black and white with pink accents). I also have a list of about half a dozen other quilts I found to be added to my Projects list. I will add those tomorrow... Right now, it is waaaaayyy past bedtime.




No comments:
Post a Comment