I managed to get 18 more cobblestones blocks done today to make the quilt a good lap size. Hopefully, Spencer thinks it's a good size too since he commented the other day that we don't have any that fit him if he is on the couch. This will also be super simple to straightline quilt too.
I love how it feels really random. I actually rotated the blocks a lot to get it more random...and so that I would only have to match seams every 4 inches instead of 2. It measures 60 x 72.
I also managed to get 4 bonus 4 patches done yesterday while I was working on my tumbler top, so I could show it during my presentation last night.
We had a great party in Nate's class on Tuesday as well. The mom's did a great job. We ended up having 5 activities, so we did my hearts quickly at the end.
One mom had the kids race to see who could move marshmallows in and out of their cup the fastest using a straw. His teacher upped the challenge by giving some skittles too for the kids to try.
Another mom, played a candy matching game with the kids. There were different colored hearts on the bottom of the candies. The kids got to keep them if they got a match.
Nate is on the left of this picture. Another mom had a great crown making station. The kids loved it. It was fun to see which kids were very particular about what they put on and which kids were a little more relaxed about it. Nate was very particular, and he alternated red and pink.
And the last mom, taught the kids some fun songs to sing to their parents. Each group then sang to the teacher...and one group even sang to me.
Tomorrow, I really need to work on laundry and dishes in the morning, since I've spent so much time on other projects this week. Of course, I am also volunteering in place of the other room mom in class tomorrow, and I have to put up the teacher appreciation door decoration right after school. But after that I should get a nice amount of quiet time, since nate is going to play with friends after school. I'm also going to start trying to get up earlier each day. I've set my computer to shut off an hour earlier than it has been. My oldest woke me up this morning letting me know that the youngest had gotten 2 full sized kids vitamins out. While this wouldn't seem like a big deal, the youngest is only supposed to have a half...for another year. He then had a meltdown because I broke it in half. If this had been the only issue that has gotten me out of bed earlier than my body likes, I don't think I'd be worried. But just this week, we've been woken up by fights, kids playing in the bathroom, kids playing nicely and LOUDLY right outside our door, kids getting into the freezer, kids getting into the knife cabinet to get scissors to cut open a brand new bag of cheetos...for breakfast, kids getting things off the top of the fridge (you know where we keep things they aren't supposed to get into without adult supervision), and of course, more screaming and fights.









No comments:
Post a Comment