Today's Block Count: 2
I got my yellow border attached today. I love how this is turning out.
I also got my Black and White Block done for today. I actually made 2 of the same block because I wasn't sure which way to go with it. I added the Dark Grey because the block design really needed a 3rd color. Turning my Half Square Triangles was not going to work because it was going to look like yesterday's block. I will save the grey for the days that the block needs an extra color.
I also decided on my UFOs (unfinished objects) for my guild's UFO Challenge. We get to pick 4 and need to finish 1 for each of the months of May, August, and November. Then we get a fat quarter those months, and then we are entered into a big drawing in November.
So my 4 are
1) Rainbow 365 Top
2) Allietare Top
3) En Provence Top
4) Bind Vomit Quilt
I'm trying to continue to be nice to myself and still not demand that I quilt things, unless I want to.
I do have 1 other thing that I was considering for this year because I know I'll be making/finishing it because it is a wedding present. But I know that these 4 things are the things that I most want to make progress on for me.
I also started another leader/ender project. I have my Lozenge quilt on my bed, and see it all the time, and decided I liked how simple it was to put together. I also have several charm packs of Turkey Run that came as mystery charm packs from Missiouri Star Quilt Co. so decided I would try for a twin size using those. I have a cream for the corners of the dark lozenges, and this pretty red that I had ordered for the Civil War En Provence, but decided wasn't right for it, that will go on the light lozenges. These will just be extra little things I will cut when I need a leader/ender, but don't want to pull out a ton of fabric for my backup project. Right now it was because I still haven't gotten my cutting mat back on my cutting table from teaching the girls to sew, and the table has been buried again, so I could cut this on my little cutting mat on the little bit of space available on my desk.



2 comments:
what size for the flip?
For the lozenges? The corners are 1.5 inch squares and the backgrounds are 2.5 by 5.
Post a Comment