Today the boys and I went back to Church for the first time since Christmas break began (due to travel times, and our annual illnesses, we just hadn't gotten to go). This year our meeting time has been pushed back up to 9am from 1pm because the 3 congregations that share rotate our start times each year. I struggle with mornings, but we made it. I often struggle with sitting still (I know where my boys get it) and have been known to take a small hand project with me. Usually it is just knit dishcloths, but today I took some tiny hexies (1/2") to work on. I managed to get 2 done before I ran out of fabric in my little take-along kit (old medicine bottle). It really helped me to focus today, and the tiny hexies make me smile.I also managed to get my Black and White 365 Block done for today as well as my last Orange 365 Block. I then was able to attach the orange border, and layout (not permanent at all) the yellows to see how many more I need. The answer is 11. Which seems really reasonable. I do love how this is turning out.
I also made progress on my En Provence, Quiltville Mystery. The 4-patches are part 3 for my Constants En Provence (I'm doing 3 varieties; Recommended Colors, Constants, and Civil War). I had sewn the strip sets and a few of the 4-patches before Christmas and have been using the others as leaders and enders since I got back. I didn't press any of them until tonight, so I could count them in my block count...cuz who doesn't like seeing a number like 186 as a measure of what you got done in 1 day.
Then the 4 spool blocks are part of a project that has been a leader and ender project for awhile. I cut just a few at a time (usually 4). I prepped and sewed these a couple of days ago when I thought I was done with the purple 4-patches, but didn't press them. Then while cleaning a little in my room I found a container my youngest had tried helping clean up into. We had actually bought 5 of the shoebox size bins and he had cleaned up (he really thought he was helping because that's what I told them they were for) all of the purple strips into all 5 bins. I thought I had retrieved them alk, but that bin was still hiding under my nose.
In other news, I'm contemplating joining in on another mystery quilt. My goal for this year (unstated since I don't want to make myself feel obligated to only this) is to work on using my scraps. So while I was reading the blog Quilting Revolution. She mentioned that she wanted to join in Charlotte Hawkes Quilts mystery Surrounded By Scraps...And now I'm considering it. This was one of them I looked into joining last year, but decided that I was already starting waaaaay too many things last year, so maybe this year I will join in.
And just to document a small moment in my day (and because my foot hurts and I want to whine a moment)...Today my youngest son and I had an unfortunate moment. He was trying to cling to me, and I was trying to ask for a few minutes to wake up (I'd taken a nap.) before I fixed dinner. So as I tried to step out of his arms (he had ahold of my leg) his head came down and his mouth and my heel collided. He ended up with a bloody lip and I ended up with a bloody heel. From what I can tell, his tooth/teeth scraped his top lip and dug into my heel. He was perfectly fine by bedtime, and now I've got a reminder with every step that he doesn't try to make me antsy when he wants to be held, he just wants to show love, and be loved.
Seriously, this was in no way an act of physical violence towards my 3 year old. I am usually very careful around my kids. This one in particular is often clinging to my legs or upper body (he's got killer upper body strength). Accidents happen, I just want to remember this one. and the cuddles he and I shared afterwards, and the fact that he was really worried about my owie.
Statistical Stuff:
365C2017 - 16/16
365C2016 - 13/19
RSC - 33/45
WS/SS/PSM - 0/15
Total - 70/105
Bonus Blocks - 185
Finishes - 2
Tops - 1
Borders - 1
RSC2 - January Done (12)

No comments:
Post a Comment