About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Purple Scraps Depleted

Today's Block Count: 14

I've been slowly working on this quilt top in the January Rainbow Scrap color. I thought I would have enough of each color in scraps to do a twin size quilt for charity each month. This is a super simple pattern I've come up with that uses 2.5 inch strips to make the blocks (7 strips for a 14.5 inch block). I also allow myself to use strips that are smaller and just sew them end to end, until I can cut the 14.5 inch strip.

This month, though, I have very little of the month's color, so I was only able to make 12 blocks. But it is a good size toddler quilt, and can still be used easily and if I want it to be bigger...I can also come up with 14 inches worth of border in another color...but I think this is the perfect size for this one. It is 42 by 56.

With this project done for the month. I'm going to "transfer" its daily block to my 365 Challenge 2016, and aim for 2 a day for that one the rest of the month, since I've decided that is what I want to work on the most right now.

I also managed to get 2 little blocks done for my 365 Challenge 2017, which makes that project current again. It also means I'll be able to enter into the weekly drawing for this week. Woohoo.





Block Counts:
365C2017 - 14/14
365C2016 - 10/13
RSC - 33/39
WS/SS/PSM - 0/13
Total - 67/91
Bonus Blocks - 1
Finishes - 2
Tops - 1
RSC2 - January Done (12)

No comments: