About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Sick Sunday

Today's Block Count: 10
One of my boys is sick, the other is just over being sick, and hubs seems to have come down with another sickness. One of the dangers of traveling across the country is that we are exposed to many different bugs all at once. It's not uncommon for several bugs to travel through the family at the same time after holiday travels.

But anyway...

I managed to get my Black and White 365 Block done for today, and 2 make up blocks for the rainbow 365. I then managed to get 7 more Tiny Jacob's Ladder Blocks done for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I'm loving getting to use my scraps without feeling like it has to be specific (aside from the pattern I chose). I'm even contemplating a third project that will focus on the color of the month. It will use the same size as the second project, so I may just go through and try cutting all the purole scraps at one time, But then again, who am I kidding. I struggle to even make a tiny dent in my scraps when I cut a gallon size plastic bag's worth of strips.

I also worked out the math for a wedding quilt for this coming spring. I found a great pattern, and have even picked the fabrics I will use (still in an online shopping cart...sometimes it's really hard to pull the trigger). Then I had to increase the block sizes to make it a bedsize quilt. While I am not a huge fan of quiltmath (it's almost the only kind of math I use now) it is good for getting me out of mental funk.

Block Counts:
365C2017 - 9/9
365C2016 - 7/7
RSC - 15/24
RSC2 - 0/8
WS/SS/PSM - 0/8
Total - 31/56
Bonus Blocks - 1
Finishes - 2

No comments: