About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Friday, January 06, 2017

Making Progress

Today's Block Count: 14

I am still caught up on my 365 Challenge 2017. It's so nice to be able to say that. I've found that when you can say that something is up to date it makes everything else seem a bit less overwhelming.

I managed to get "caught up" on my 365 Challenge 2016, which just means that I have done enough blocks to have 1 a day for 2017. I don't think that 6 inch was supposed to be in my yellow border, but it's staying, and I will be jumping to the border that goes between my yellows and center...just so I can see the progress of it coming together better. It also means I can change some of the block colors for last year, to accomodate for the fact that there were bonus blocks and I wanted to be able to do those.

I also managed to make 9 Tiny Purple Jacob Ladder Blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge...and for my One Monthly Goal...however, one of them will be going into my orphan blocks because I rotated my 4 patches the wrong way, and I was not going to rip out on a 3.5 inch block.

I also managed a BONUS FINISH yesterday, I recovered my tv tray ironing board. This was the second time I had worn a hole into the top. Mine is removable, so that I could wash it if needed, so I just cut off the top and appliqued a new top layer on. Next time I might try just adding the new layer on top, we'll have to see if that works. But hopefully, I won't need to do that for a bit.

Block Counts:
365C2017 - 7/7
365C2016 - 5/5
RSC - 8/18
RSC2 - 0/6
WS/SS/PSM - 0/6
Total - 20/35
Bonus Blocks - 1
Finishes - 1

1 comment:

maggie fellow said...

love the ironing board