About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Saturday, January 07, 2017

Kyle's Birthday


Today's Block Count: 1

Today was my second son's 3rd birthday. It was a lot of fun to watch him be excited that it was his birthday. We got him a Fire House that is part of his favorite show, Transformers Rescue Bots, and I made a basketball hoop for him for small felt balls that my dad has made. I used a tri-fold project board, and blue fabric (blue is his favorite color) to make a stand that would roll the balls back towards him. My husband 3D printed the hoop and I added cotton yarn to make the net. I'm quite pleased with the result. It doesn't look very professional...but he loved it, and new exactly what it was, and insisted on finding some of the balls for it.

Since this took most of the day, I was only able to get 1 block done for the 365 Challenge 2017. But I'm ok with that. Tomorrow will be a new day, and there will not be a looming birthday present to make.

Block Counts:
365C2017 - 8/8
365C2016 - 5/6
RSC - 8/21
RSC2 - 0/7
WS/SS/PSM - 0/7
Total - 21/49
Bonus Blocks - 1
Finishes - 2

No comments: