Today I got the absolute pleasure of teaching 9 young ladies at church, aged 12 and 13, how to sew. We made Pillowcases, and I was really impressed with how well they did. I think they were pretty pleased with the results, too. So this afternoon was spent preparing (so it would look like I knew what I was doing). Turns out the pattern was even easier than I thought it would be. I made 5 different pillowcases to different stages, so I can finish those later. And then I paired several more fabrics together, particularly ones that have been really hard to use in my quilts because the prints are large, or the colors vary a lot. So I think I'll go ahead and cut a few more out, and sew them all up. This is fun too because I actually really love pillowcases, and who couldn't use a dozen more. 😀
I took along the majority of my sewing machine fleet (5 out of the 7) which was fun, too. We did have a few issues, Selma Singer decided to seize up, but by the end of the night after a bit of oil, she was singing again. The other issues tended to be inexperienced user error and were quickly fixed.
My one block for today was simply a leader/ender 4 patch from while I was working on my pillowcase preparations.
Then while I was pulling some fabric options from my stash that the girls could pick from, I realized I had a batch of fabrics from my mom that all seemed to coordinate quite nicely. I guess it shouldn't really be surprising that I would have something that coordinated given that she gave me way more than 60 yards (that's just the first batch she gave me while I was visiting...there were a couple more, too). So now I feel I need to come up with something for these lovelies...Ideas are appreciated. Do you guys ever do this, pull fabrics just because you like them together, and keep them together until a pattern comes along that fits them?
365C2017 - 17/19
365C2016 - 16/25
RSC - 33/54
WS/SS/PSM - 0/18
Total - 74/126
Bonus Blocks - 192
Finishes - 2
Tops - 1
Borders - 1
Extra projects - 1
RSC2 - January Done (12)



1 comment:
I have several of those "sets"
Post a Comment