About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Friday, January 20, 2017

Back to Blocks

 Today's Block Count: 7

I got 4 Black and White Blocks done, which catches those up, and finishes the 3rd week of the year, as well as one more yellow and 2 bonus spools. I will have to double check my yellow count, but I believe I only need 1 more block for that border.

I finally got my machines out of my car. They don't seem to be too mad about being out there overnight, thankfully. Well after the gumming of Selma, I decided I needed to be rotating my sewing machines a little bit more. So, I set up Billie the Singer. She and I haven't had a lot of time to get to know each other yet because she came to live with me just before Christmas. She is a 500A Rocketeer built in 1961 (a few parts have been replaced but their serial numbers also coorespond to 1961). She was the penultimate machine on my wish list (purely because of the look of the machine), and takes my count to 7. The only other machine, I'm really specifically looking for, albeit not too actively yet, is one of the "toy" hand crank machines. Just because I think they are so stinking cute. She is a slant needle machine, but I've not really noticed much of a difference.
Today I also got to help out in Nate's Kindergarten class. I absolutely love getting to do that. And while, it can be a little disheartening before I go to think of what isn't getting done (ie. blocks, dishes, laundry, etc.), it is always a great boost to my mood to be there. I just do little things like make copies, and help a few kids with numbers they are struggling with. Kyle loves that he gets to go to. I think he really feels like he is part of the class a little bit.

1 comment:

maggie fellow said...

cute children can be an infusion of happy - especially that age.