About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Sunday, January 01, 2017

2017 Goals

The first of the year always gets me thinking about what I hope to accomplish. This year, I'm really going to try to not join every quilt-along I see. This has always been a challenge for me because I see and I want to do. I'm giving myself just a few goals for the year.

1. I don't have to finish anything. This isn't about finishing, it's about enjoying. I have been a quilter, who just puts peddle to the metal and it gets a little overwhelming rather quickly. Then I stop everything.

2. I have a list of 2 projects that are carrying over from last year I want to find time to continue. The 365 Challenge is one of those. The other is the Splendid Sampler. (And I guess also in the category is Pat Sloan's Winter Solstice Quilt-Along, but I haven't actually started it yet. I did decide on a color scheme though. Black/White/Grey with a Color accent...Color to be decided later this week.)

3. I have wanted to follow the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for a few years, so I have decided on the project I want to use for that. I will be using a low priority UFO for this project. This will be my tiny Jacob's Ladder blocks that finish at 3.5 inches. I will need 80 blocks a month for this...but it should be a quick and easy little block that would be easy to get at least 3 blocks a day done. I will also be using the first 80 blocks in purple and neutral for my OMG link up with Elm Street Quilts. Picture is my trial block from some time ago (I think 2014).



4. If I have extra time (I know I have more than enough scraps). I want to try to get a quick and simple strippy charity quilt each month in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Color...or at least the blocks sewn , so I can put the top together at Epic Sew Day. I will simply cut the scraps into 2.5 inch strips and sew 14.5 inch blocks with them.

5. #QuiltYourWeightOff2017 is a quilt along on Instagram that I am following this year as well. But it is more of a on your own project. As I lose a pound I can make 1 block. I'm planning on using Swoon Sixteen blocks for this project.

5. If I can manage all of these then I will go back and work on some of the other projects I was trying to follow, including the Quiltville 2016 Mystery Quilt, and a few other quilt alongs.

2 comments:

Patty said...

I love that block. Thanks for thinking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal. Good luck with your goal!

maggie fellow said...

very ambitious