About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Monday, May 01, 2017

Beginning of May

Welcome to May. This means new goals and a new RSC17 Color.

This month's color is Green. Hopefully, I can get myself to actually work on clearing out that green bin. It's over-filled.




I'm going to use this quilt as my inspiration but I'm going to alternate scrappy greens and neutrals. I also think I want to use the strip method and the Companion Angle Ruler. I am fully prepared to have seams in the middle of my stripes. So we'll see how this turns out. This means I can use 1.5 inch strips and 4 strips per strip set to get 10 inch Quarter Square Triangles. I think mine is going to be more like bordered blocks.........
....
....
....
Nothing quite like writing something down to realize, that you are making things WAAAAAYYYY to complicated again. It would be considerably easier to make these bordered blocks. If I start with a dark and end with a light and use an alternate block that is the opposite then I would be using 14 inch blocks which means I could use 30 blocks and a border to make a twin quilt using 2.5 inch strips. That seems highly doable for this month.

There is also the addition of 80 green Tiny Jacob's Ladder Blocks as well as the 31 blocks for the May Black and White 365 Blocks and the 31 blocks for the May Rainbow 365.



For my One Monthly Goal, I'm going to try and get myself to finish that wedding quilt top again. I actually have it out on my desk now, so it may just happen.

1 comment:

Patty said...

You can do it! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.