About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Jump Start on 100 Blocks

Yesterday's Block Count: 16

 Today is the beginning of 100 Blocks in 100 Days, being hosted by GnomeAngel. This is using Tula Pink's 100 Modern Blocks. So I decided to pull out my fabrics yesterday and jump start my blocks in an attempt to be able to keep up. I decided to pull the number of fabrics needed for the first block, and then add as I needed more. These are the first 4 I picked. It will be fun to see how the blocks progress as the fabrics run out, and I pull more. I specifically tried pulling from my small yardages, which is anything from about 8 inches to 15 inches, to try and use up some of those little ones. The leftover strips get put into their respective usable size bin, and that way I'm also replenishing my strip bins for when I need some mindless scrap sewing.
 This is the first block. I will share here each day what the block looks like for that day. I'm not going to show the ones I got done early, just to stay more in line with the sew along.
As leaders and enders, I would throw in an entire strips worth of parts for my RSC17 blocks. So it would be a handful of HSTs or a few 1 inch strip sets for the 4-patches. That resulted in 1 Teal 16-patch, 5 Teal TJL Blocks and 5 Green TJL Blocks. It's fun to see those blocks progressing again. I've been a little more cautious about cutting for them because they are such tiny pieces, and I cut my finger trying to cut the strips for them. I still get a little anxious when I use my rotary cutter, but I'd rather keep sewing than give it up.

No comments: