About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Half Square Triangle Party

Block Count: 11

I got another 11 Half Square Triangle Blocks made for the Wedding Quilt. And I went to Joann today, and even managed to find a tread that will actually work really well for quilting it. I have been worried about that because I wasn't having much success finding a good grey that matched the grey I've been using (Kona Coal).


 My mom told me on Saturday about all of these Mini Templates that work with 2.5 inch strips...So I also had to go get them. There were also the 2 sets of 3 that came with patterns that worked for those templates. I'm pretty excited to try them all out. But I also have reminded myself that I am not starting anything new right now...these can wait.
 I also picked up some more fat quarters. and had Kyle help pick them out (took him with me because the 2 get noisy when they are together and hubs was still asleep when I left). I told Kyle he could pick 5. His choices are the top ones. I actually did reject a few, he kept bringing me solids. Then I tried to focus on yellow and purples for my 5 since that is what I'm horribly low on...and the blue one jumped into my cart, so I couldn't leave something so talented behind.
I also got yarn for a baby blanket for a friend who is expecting a boy. I let Kyle pick between some blues, greens, and yellows...he wanted purple...and it took some convincing that he couldn't be purple. I'm actually a little surprised that he didn't pick blue, since that is his favorite color.

I also did lunch, laundry, and dishes today. So now it's time to get sewing. I'm aiming for most of a top today. We'll see if it works.

1 comment:

maggie fellow said...

what a great haul. and certainly talented fat quarters should be rewarded