About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Buzzing

Today's Block Count: 1
Blocks from the Last 2 days: 24


 My son as a book/notebook made by a good friend, that is Green Eggs and Ham and has extra blank pages he can use. He has loved the book to the point that the back cover would no longer stay on, so I stitched the binding closed. Shouldn't come loose now...at least not for awhile.
 100 Days. Block 17
 Long Time Gone Half Square Triangles Block 1
This week's block is the Second Half Square Triangles block (of 3). I decided to just go with the first light fabric in my pile that I've been going through. Hence the light green. I like it.
 100 Days. Block 18
 I have to rebind one of Kyle's quilts that his grandma made for him because he has loved the binding to shreds. He and I decided on this fun monster print. He is thrilled that I'm fixing it for him.
 And there is a new lady who has joined my ranks. This is Europa. I have never owned a Serger before. This could get interesting...or dusty. I guess only time will tell.
 100 Days. Block 19
 I finished the Teacher Appreciation Gift for Nate's Teacher. I am so tickled with how this turned out. I think it really shows the personalities of the kids.
 This is the label I wrote for it. I think I'm really going to miss her next year. I'm hoping that Kyle gets her in 3 years.
I decided that my leaders and enders were going to be all of my RSC17 projects...so I guess I still can't get away from working on lots of things at once... But really I just do a handful of one color at a time, and rotate what I cut for, such as with the green, there are 2.5 inch strips for the green quilt, and 1.5 inch and 1 inch strips for the Tiny Jacob's Ladder...so I cut the 3 sizes from 1 fabric and then use one size at a time until I run out of usable fabrics...then I cut the next piece of fabric...etc.

I also must admit, that I have decided on 2 more quilts. Though they are long term quilts that are very much at the back of my mind. One is an Ocean Waves quilt using 1.5 inch HSTs. This will allow me to use any extra HSTs from the TJLs, as well as using the light and dark bonus triangles that have grown exponentially. I will have to trim most of the bonus triangles to the proper size, but I don't see that as a huge burden. It can actually be an excuse to sit and watch something one day (or several). I also decided that the tiny Orange Peels that I used for the Appreciation Quilt, are a fun size (and I cut a few extras rather than trying to count them exactly). They will fit on little 2.5 inch squares, and those can then be sewn together at random. These can be cut from 1.5 inch strips, so it all can come from scrap users again. I think this is going to be fun.

I am in no hurry to even start it. Though I may give myself some permission to trim a few triangles in the next few days, just for the fun of it.

Next up is to finish the binding for Kyle's quilt...It feels so good to be getting things done and marking them off of my list.

No comments: