About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Log Cabin Blocks

Yesterday's Block Count: 7

 100 Blocks Block 6

Yesterday, I used the last of my 100 blocks buffer, so I spent an hour working on a few more blocks for the buffer (I have to post 1 block every day to Instagram to be eligible for prizes.) I successfully managed to get 3 more done. I love how fast these go. I had tried making them a while ago and started with block 3 which has a lot of pieces and I was trying to go scrappy, so I had to worry about piece placement, so it had felt like a lot more work than I was willing to put in at the time. But now, I love that I seem to just be flying through them.
I also got my log cabin blocks done for this week's challenge for the Long Time Gone Sew Along. They were surprisingly fast.

I also was asked to hem a tablecloth for a display for a funeral this evening. I use the Hem Tap for the first roll and then had a good firm edge for the second roll. It went really fast and was kind of fun to do something different.

Today's goals include: Daily Cleaning, helping with Field Day in Nate's class, taking Nate to a viewing, working on a bat block (part of Halloweenies quilt), and working on my Fandom In Stitches swap quilt.

No comments: