About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

Productive Sew Day

Today's Block Count: 56

I had a super productive day at a Sew Day hosted by my friend, Machelle Preston. She runs a Block of the Month (BOM) regularly and this was kind of a finish up day for the most recent one. She was kind enough to extend an invite to some of her other friends (like myself) who didn't actually take her BOM class. I will actually be taking her next class, if all goes well. It is a really cute Bunny quilt, and I will be using scraps for it. That will work nicely for me too since it was a very pastel color palate so I may just brighten it up a touch :)

At the sew day, I managed to get 31 Red Blocks for my monthly quilt (will be the quilt that will look like O's). I also decided to change my original size idea from 8.5 to 6.5 which means I'll have more scraps in the usable size. The ones that are too small will, of course, be cut down for this month's Tiny Jacob's Ladders. I also got 6 red Tiny Jacob's Ladder Blocks done at the sew day. Then I came home and pressed all 16 of the teal Tiny Jacob's Ladder Blocks from yesterday, and managed to get 2 more Black and White Blocks, and 1 more teal 16-patch.

All in all, it was a good day.

No comments: