About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Crazy Kid Instincts

Today's Block Count: 1

I got to start off my morning with some awesome quiet time as I worked on a few pen and paper puzzles before the boys woke up. I always forget how much I love doing those...until the stack resurfaces. I also forget how easy it is to get drawn away into working on them and forget what time it is...
 Then as it was time to head downstairs for the rest of the morning (we try to keep all toys downstairs), Kyle was pulling an old Gamecube controller around by the cord and calling it his puppy. He was not happy when Daddy took it away to put it away, so I finally convinced him to pick a stuffed animal to be his puppy, and I would make a leash for it. He settled on his dinosaur, that he has called his dragon, and baby, and I proceeded to make a leash for it. It was fun to hear him play with it "Mommy made me a puppy, Nate." Later, he also pulled the leash up over his shoulder with the dinosaur in back and said it was his purse. I love his imagination. I also think it's a little funny that he started on this whole puppy thing today, and then I logged on to Instagram and Facebook, and apparently it was National Puppy Day. I think this kid is going to be sorely disappointed when he finds out we can't have a dog because it would make me sick.
I also managed to get this block made for the Long Time Gone Sew Along. I am just absolutely in love with it...such that I have been contemplating finding these colors and making a bigger version, or several and making a big quilt just of these. The colors are a little off, it's Royal Blue, Light Blue, Light Purple, and Dark Purple.

I knowingly turned the flying geese in the middle of the sides because I wanted the points on the outside.

I also realized today (for the first time) that this quilt will be considerably smaller than I usually make...I don't know what I'm going to do about that yet...

No comments: