Today's Block Count: A LOT 49+5+6+4+24+2+16+3= 109 Thanks Google.
It's too late for math. 😛
In addition to all the random blocks I got done today I also created a new cover for my son's Snap Bracelet. A toddler at his friends' house got a hold of it the other day and broke the plastic cover it came with...which of course was the end of the world for Nate. I let him pick the fabric from my scraps and he is quite happy with it.
It is amazing how much of a difference a day can have on my sewing space. Today's prompt for #igquiltfest was "On the Cutting Mat." So my response was a mess. There were confiscated toys and leftover strip sets awaiting use, and trimmings...and several parts of several projects. I managed to get the trimmings thrown away and a bit more space on my cutting mat to cut out the pillowcase parts for Spencer's Valentine's present...yeah, I'm a little behind. While I've finally pulled that out, I also pulled the other extra pillowcases I have ready to go, so I can quick knock those off my list tomorrow. Then since my sewing table has been cleared of pretty much all small block parts, I will be able to attach the binding to my vomit quilt and enjoy some handwork time this week.
In this picture, I have scrappy 4-patches in 2 inch squares (49) and 2.5 inch squares (5), scrappy 9-patches in 2 inch squares (6) and 2.5 inch squares (2), Teal 16-patches for my February RSC17 quilt (4), and Half Square Triangles for a gift quilt (16) and the Teal Patches and Furrows Quilt (3).
Lots going on this week, but I still think it will be a relatively low-key week. Tomorrow is the PTA meeting which includes a free lunch. Thursday the boys and I have dentist appointments. And then Saturday, Spencer is going with some of the guys from church, and Nate has a birthday party to go to. Now I need to come up with a gift for a 7 year old boy. Would a pillowcase be too lame a gift? He's part of a big family...and I could get some pretty cool licensed fabric for it...
Anyway, I'm off to bed, good night.




No comments:
Post a Comment