About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sew Day

 While my parents were here, I decided to host a sew day to introduce some of my quilty friends to my mom (on my dad's birthday). It turned out great. They were generous enough to be my guinea pigs for a new taco soup recipe, which I loved and have now entered into my food rotations, and we got a lot done.

This is sadly the only picture I got that I am allowed to post, since all the ladies said I could not post them. This was Sue's workstation. She was working on a wonderful blue quilt. And in the background you can just make out my best friend and the quilt she's been working on for 6 years. She handpieced all but the sashing and borders, and is in the process of handquilting it. All she has left to do, is to quilt something in her borders (and bind it of course). I can't wait to see it when it's all done, though it may be a bit since this is the friend whose baby girl is due at the end of the month.

My mom worked on a wool applique tablerunner, April worked on a special quilt, and Konda came to visit, too. And little old (young) me worked on cutting more squares for more car quilts for Christmas. We'll see if I can manage to do them.

No comments: