Since my son loves my pins and watched me put pins into the foam boards that are currently being put up as my design wall, he thought he should be allowed to stick pins into my boards as well. I decided I needed a pincushion on my board that he can play with, and hopefully, preserve the integrity of the board longer.
Thus, we have Nate's Design Wall pincushion now in the works. I went to the internet to find what people recommend for pincushion fillings. Gravity, however, meant I had to be creative.
I utilized what I remembered from a tutorial on how to make a weighted blanket, to make my inner pouches. This created the columns to put the walnut shells into, which will be turned on their sides and actually be rows within the pincushion.
I have started on the outer casing for this pincushion, and plan on adding some fiberfill around to soften it in case my son falls into it. More pictures will follow when I finish it.
Happy Crafting.
No comments:
Post a Comment