I've started planning tablecloths. I've been doing much better of keeping up with the kitchen and getting the rest of the house clean. I admit I'd rather be quilting most of the time. Then you throw in 2 little boys who require CONSTANT VIGILANCE, and the house does not look as nice as it should most days. Anywho, so I decided after having to clean up Kyle's spot at the table one night, that I would prefer tablecloths. This isn't the first time I've thought this, but it was the first time I thought I could successfully make them and use up some of the fabric that has been sitting around for awhile, and is rather dated. Since a single width of fabric would not be enough to cover the table I decided that I would piece some simple tops for it, and then put 2 of them together right sides together and turn them. I also like this option because we have an oblong table, so If I decide I really don't like one of the sides for the table then I can always just turn it into a quilt. I've begun to pull fabrics for some of them, and hope to be able to get to starting on them soon. Of course, since I didn't really need to add another project it may have to wait a little bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment