My first finish for the year is this lovely mini quilt. I chose to participate in Schnitzel & Boo's Mini Quilt Swap: Round Three. We each signed up and gave a little bit of information about our selves, and she very generously paired us all up. We were to make a mini quilt to send to a new friend. A big part of the fun is that we could follow any number of other people on Instagram who were also joining in this swap. But none of us know who is making the quilt that will be coming to us.
Shipping opened this week for getting them to our partners, so I had to get over my fears of my partner not liking it, and get it quilted. I managed to piece it at my parents' house while I was visiting for a very long Christmas visit. My mom allowed me to search her stash for just the right fabrics and I am quite please with how it went together. I finished it with a bias binding of the same bright square fabric that I used for the back and included a corner label and 2 hanging corners. Once I have settled on what extras I want to include in the package, it will be on to it's new home.

No comments:
Post a Comment