About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Blocks from the Past Week 2

Hello again dear friends. With another Monday comes another Blocks from the Past Quilt Along update.

This week Natalie is discussing fabric selection and fabric requirements for this project, so go check that out. As for myself, I plan to stick fairly closely to the book in layout, while doing scrappy neutral (or low volume in modern quilt speak) and scrappy colorways, too. Just before heading off to Indiana for 3 months because my dad had a heart attack (and he's doing really well now) I had started to sort my scraps by color. The bags and bags of scraps were just getting to be overwhelming, and needed to have some help in finding a way back into use.

The book is Teach Yourself Blocks from the Past by Marie Henry and, while out of print, copies can still be acquired through Amazon.

Remember to use the #BFTPqal for any progress you post to Instagram.

I am hope to get pictures up soon of some of the other progress I'm making on other projects, including 3 versions of Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion Mystery. And an addition 5 more projects I decided I needed to add to my life, yesterday.

Happy crafting.

No comments: