About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Finish #2 of 2015

This is my second finish of the year. It is a baby blanket/quilt for a new little guy, the son of a lady from church. It is all flannel. I used 5 inch squares that I randomized using my random number generator app and then sewed together just making sure that the same fabric was not touching itself on either the sides or the corners (until the end where 2 touch on the corners, betcha can't find them :P). I used a low loft batting and sewed, flipped, and topstitched to give it binding-like look. It was the first quilt I tied. I have helped tie some for donations, but this was the first one I did by myself. It's a bit bigger than I realized. It finished at 49 inches square.

No comments: