About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Medallion Quilt

This is my finished center for my Medallion Round Robin. I EPPed (English Paper Piece) the hexagon butterfly, and then I hand-appliqued it to the background. I'm afraid the background has few warps in it now, since it was my first attempt at applique, but hopefully, the borders and quilting will work that back out. Sorry, Annette, for making this harder for you.


These are the inspiration fabrics that I am including in my bag for the ladies to use at will. I figured bright and happy fit me, and since I am in a house filled with boys (husband, son, 2 male rats, 2 male-named fish), I figured if I went with pink it would be less likely to be used by the others.

This is the final post I will do about this Medallion Round Robin until all of the quilts are finished. I will make sure to take pictures of the quilts as I get them and the borders that I do, so that I can do a short series when it's all over. While I would like to post as I finish them, I also know that a few of the ladies in the group follow my blog, so this way I have a guaranteed series later.

Until next time.

No comments: