Today, I focused on getting the larger blocks of the Celtic Solstice attached to each other. I was sooo close to having all but the borders done on it when Kyle decided he could not let me do anymore because it was bedtime. I love how the pattern is rapidly starting to emerge. Maybe I will try to sneak down there during the week to finish sewing the rows together.
My poor vomit quilt is waiting very patiently for me to work on cutting up the squares so that I can continue sewing it together. I think it has been very patient, especially since I believe it is one of the oldest projects I have right now.
I picked out fabric for another quilt this week. It was all from my stash again. This is actually going to satisfy two things that have been festering in my mind. The first is that I have been wanting to make a quilt for my grandmother-in-law. I considered doing one for her when I did the Christmas quilts, but decided I wanted to try and do a fancier pattern for her (I just didn't know what yet). The other thought that has been bugging me has been that I wanted to try and do another Celtic Solstice in another colorway, but I just couldn't justify starting another one without a purpose (I started thinking about it, just after part 2 went live). So these are the colors I chose for my second Celtic Solstice. I hope she likes it.
I gave in and let myself start it today. I cut out all the pieces for part 1. I told myself that it would be my reward for working on the things that need to be finished. So for every seam I finished on another quilting project I could do a seam on this one. It may make this quilt take longer, but the idea is that in the process I will make more progress on the ones that have been waiting longer. This means if I get the others done I can then work on this one without hindrance. Of course, this could just lead to more partially finished projects instead.
Until Next Week.
No comments:
Post a Comment