Well this week I thought I'd try something a little different. I was thinking that if I had 20-30 minutes of time to work on craft stuff then I would add a little to a post that I would then wait and post on Sunday. The problem became that I was just getting way to much done in the little time I had. So as you can tell from the last post I ended up with a fairly long post for me and that only covered through Wednesday. Part of what helped me get so much done this week was the fact that I had a day that I declared a sick day (I was running a fever but seemed completely fine otherwise). That meant I exempted myself from folding laundry and working on dishes and instead let myself work in my craft room. And thus, I got a lot done.
One of the things that has started to fester in my mind is the mess in my craft room. That's where everything ends up when I don't have time to put anything away, that includes all the important papers for the family, any shopping purchases for the house or crafts or even the boys, and the odd present or two. Having tried many different crafts it is also cluttered with a lot of craft supplies for crafting I don't do anymore (or never had time to do) so my goal is to try and consolidate, get rid of excess, and just generally make my room a more pleasant place to be in. This includes the desire to get a better desk/cutting table. My husband even seems to be getting on board with it this time. He even took our little family up to Ikea (40 min drive), so that we could compare some desk/tables that I had seen online and was considering. I'm glad we did because one of the corner desks I had wanted was too small in my opinion to be good for much except claustrophobia, especially if paired with another table for cutting. So now I know how much I need to save up for, which will also give me some time to work on cleaning up/out my craft room to have room for those tables.
If you have craft room storage ideas that you love please let me know. I would love input on this topic.
No comments:
Post a Comment