About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

End of May and Beginning of June

Final May Blocks: 64
June Blocks: 2

 100 Days. Block 23
 Getting much closer on this wedding quilt. Just have to get the last 2 "rows" together and then it will be ready to pick a backing. Once again, this will be my One Monthly Goal for June. I really think I can get it done this month. I'm not planning on any major disruptions that would throw it out of line again.
 I received my Fandom in Stitches Swap package. It was this cute rose for Beauty and the Beast, which is still my favorite movie of all time. It might have something to do with a brunette with brown eyes who loves to read :P ...maybe just a little.
 100 Days. Block 24.
 100 Days. Block 25.
 Nate's first Tee Ball game was kind of comical to watch. He's making friends on his team...which leads to some distraction... And you'll notice Kyle's head at the bottom of the picture...He had a blast climbing up and down the bleachers. Here he was sitting on the bottom bleacher while Hubs and I were sitting up top. There was also a point where he slipped backwards on the bleachers and landed on one of the feet ones...and all the other mom's worried and I started chuckling. Of course, part of why I did was that he was crying like he was scared...not hurt. I'm sure I looked rather callous at that point, but this kid in particular would have me in constant fear if I didn't laugh most of his comical accidents off...
 This week's Long Time Gone Block is the third Half Square Triangle block. I'm feeling really good about myself since I got it done on the first day of the week rather than waiting until the last.
 This is a hand pieced block that was mostly pieced on the bus and waiting for the waterpark to open today. I'm on some pain meds that make it so I can't/shouldn't drive, so the boys and I tried out taking the bus to go swimming with my best friend...I think it worked out well. And it was sooo nice not to have to drive, hence, the finished hand pieced block. Thus began my June block count.
 100 Days. Block 26.
 This is only a part of a block. It is the first half of the center Medallion for the 365 Challenge. I just love how it is turning out in the 2 colors. It has been a little trickier to make this one as I have to be very careful about which color goes where since some of them are opposites of what she designed (dark vs light). But I really like that this is very one of a kind. I had told myself I could work on a block for this quilt for every 32 oz of water I drink, to try to get myself drinking more water....Now I'm drinking water faster than I can sew these blocks. It doesn't help that this is a big, involved block, and I've been super busy with a few things. I'm looking forward to some nice calm sewing tomorrow, if the boys will let me.
These go in May's count. I got them done yesterday at a meeting, which got me caught up on my swap hexies for the first time since October...then of course, today is the first of June. So I decided on fabrics for this month.
I did manage to get the 3 Black and White Blocks before the Center Medallion done to celebrate my water drinking, as well as 55 half square triangles for the wedding quilt. I've got a few mpre to make, but I'm nearing the end of those.

The RSC17 color for June is Yellow. I have decided on the quilt that will use a ton of yellow. For some reason, the picture is not showing up in my gallery right now, but I will use 2.5 x 4.5 inch yellow flying geese to make a spiral from the center. I think it's going to be fun...and will be a cute addition to my Leader/Ender Queue.

3 comments:

maggie fellow said...

sew much progress - well done to my very own personal Belle

Danice G said...

Pretty blocks and wedding quilt :)

Patty said...

Great quilt for OMG. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.