About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Hard to say goodbye

Sometimes it can be hard to part with gifts from others. This was a floss/bead container that my mom painted for me while I was still living at home. I brought it out to Utah with me on one of my trips home (I think long before I got married even). On that trip one of the corners got busted so that 2 of the compartments no longer held beads, which is what I was using it for. I have continued to keep it, with beads in all the compartments but those 2, since it was from my mom.

I finally decided that it was time to say goodbye, especially since, I am passing my beads onto my boys (just Nate until Kyle gets big enough to not put them in his mouth).

I made sure to get this picture, so that I have a record of it's existence, since it was a significant part of my life at one point. Now I have gotten a shoe box sized container and an open bin for my son to use to play with the beads. I hope to use them to work with him on colors and dexterity. For the dexterity, I bought some of the thicker plastic bracelet string for him to work on beading them with. I hope they bring him as much joy as it brought me.

No comments: