About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Tank Replication

 This is my favorite tank top for layering. It is actually a high enough neck that it adds nicely under lowcut shirts, and the straps are far enough to the sides that they don't show. Unfortunately, in my current larger state (and it's "I've been washed a thousand times" state), it no longer covers my belly. So since my mom is crafty, and I think I can be crafty, I decided to try replicating it.
 First, I tried to get a template to use. I tried laying it flat on the back and going that way, until my friend suggested trying to get the template of just the folded front and back. That worked a lot easier. I got 2 basic templates and pulled out some extra fabric I had. It was a knit that was so thin, I actually had to double it over.
I added measured a set length further down, pinned, and cut. The first attempt ended up being too tight. So I added some width to the second one as well. That actually ended up being too big, so I just kept making my seam bigger until I got it to a good size.

The tank is all finished except for the straps. The plan is to attach the straps in such a way that this can still be used while Baby #2 is breastfeeding.

No comments: