About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Sunday, September 08, 2013

Second Baby Blanket

As some of you may remember, at the beginning of the year, I committed to making baby blankets for several of the people I knew who were having babies. I have fallen a little behind on this goal. I had 6 people to complete the blankets for, and this is the second one I've managed to complete. All 6 of the babies have been born, and this will be going to a little girl who was born in February, so she is 6 months old already. I'm just glad I finished it.

Luckily I have a few baby blankets that had been made previously, to try the patterns, and a few of these will be given instead of making a whole new blanket. I had been holding on to them until I could find out what this baby would be, and pick one to keep.

 This pink one will be given to my husband's coworker, whose wife just had a little girl. We are super excited for them. This is the one I was holding onto in case I had a little girl. It was the second baby blanket I ever finished.



This blue one will be given to a friend at church, who had a little boy in May, I believe. This is the blanket I started when I found out Nate was going to be a boy. However, I didn't give it to him because I stopped halfway through when I remembered I had another one I had made years before for a little boy.

This yellow one is the one we are planning on giving to our little boy this time around. It will be nice and warm for him since it is made from cotton yarn. This was the second baby blanket I ever started.

No comments: