About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Nate the Great


 Every once in awhile, I will need to stray from being crafty to focus on the main cause of my ups and downs. The fact that I am a mom. This is my son Nate. He is at times the sweetest little monster and at other times the most formidable angel. Sometimes moments apart from each other, in fact.

In this picture, I had given him fruit snacks just after his nap. He had a ball playing with them for half an hour. I don't think he ate a single one. But he was happy, so I wasn't going to fight it.

This picture is from last Thursday (3/14). The inserted picture shows the time on my stove when this picture was taken. This was the first day we had gone out and played at the park, this year. The weather was so pretty. He loved it. We played a solid hour and then came home to have dinner. This was shortly after dinner. He was so tired already that he kept laying down on the kitchen floor while I cleaned up dinner.

He loves to have his picture taken. I had just picked up my camera off the table to put it away, and he came over to see it. Such a happy boy this time.

These are the moments that make up for nights like last night. He decided he needed to be up at 3AM and again at 7AM. Both times I nearly had him asleep while rocking and as soon as I put him in his bed he screamed his head off. I don't think he ever went back to sleep after the 7 o'clock wakeup (until naptime at 1PM), but I'm pretty sure I dozed off on his floor trying to get him to lay back down. He woke me up by throwing his sippy cup at me a few times. Things did get better, but oh my, did we struggle first thing this morning.

Oh, how I love my little monster.

Until next time, dear friends.

1 comment:

maggie fellow said...

oh I love those eyes. won't be long before I get to see him.