Today's Block Count: 4
Yesterday's Block Count: 6
While waiting for meds at Walmart today, the boys and I went for a walk. They thought these were hilarious, so we got them and some Koolaid to make them some poopscicles. They were thrilled. Of course the Koolaid is in the same aisle as the Jello, so they wanted both for lunch. It took a bit of convincing to get them to believe that neither would be ready until Dinnertime. They were soooo happy to get both with dinner.
100 Days. Block 29
March 9-11 for the Black and White 365 Challenge. Not too thrilled with the one in the top right. But maybe it will look ok if put in to the mix.
I tried a new thing today for when Nate "earns" extra chores. Several of these are things we have been trying many different ways to get him to understand. So I told him today that he would have to write. He was all for it at first because he thought he was going to be drawing pictures (still not sure how he thought that). So he was supposed to write them each 10 times. I figured it would help them sink in, as well as work on keeping his finger strength and writing up during the summer. Instead, he spent 3 hours, screaming, crying, yelling and bargaining to try to get out of doing them. That backfired for him, as Mommy added 1 that had "I will not argue with Mommy." He has now managed to write "Get out does not" and that is it. If he thinks he is going to get out of doing these...he is dead wrong. He also managed to get another one assigned that says "I will not lock Kyle in his closet." We had a child proof lock on the outside of Kyle's closet to work on discouraging him from taking all his clothes out of his drawers all the time. Well Nate didn't lock it correctly, so it was rather tricky to get it undone enough to get Kyle out. He was a bit freaked out, but handled it well as Mommy reassured him that I was right there and was going to do whatever I had to to get him out.
100 Days. Block 30
Getting steadily closer on this wedding quilt. Just 1 more section/row to go and then it will be ready for a serious pressing and a backing. I love how it is turning out. I've just struggled with the non-repetitive nature of it. (Please ignore the wrinkles and hidden toy bumps...this room was considerably cleaner than the bed in the playroom I cleared off the other day for pictures...)
Here are the blocks for March 12-14 for the Black and White 365 Challenge. And with this I am caught up on blocks for rewards for drinking water. I haven't enough water today again...I don't know if I'm ever really going to be able to keep both at a good level...But it is nice that this quilt is progressing nicely again. Soon I'll be able to add in some green blocks for the Rainbow version I started last year.
Every now and then I let myself trim a few 1.5 inch HSTs for my Ocean Waves Quilt. I also told myself that it would be a good project to work on while talking to my mom because my machine wouldn't make it hard to hear. (Really it was just an excuse to get to trim triangles :P ). My baggie is getting quite full. I also have a bag of bonus triangles that were given to me that haven't been sewn yet, and so those have been my Leaders and Enders the most, which gives me a few more to trim.
I also managed to finish my June Hexies, yesterday at a meeting. Which means I have run out of hand piecing that has to be done that can be taken with me. My mom and I discussed it today, part of me wanted to cut diamonds from a Jelly Roll...but she suggested (and I think it is a great suggestion), to go ahead and make the Hexies for the rest of the Year. That will give me 12 more Hexie Flowers to make for the year, especially since I foresee several more meetings, Tee Ball Games, and doctors appointments in the near future (and possibly bus rides to get to said doctors appointments). Of course, that may mean that I need to come up with a new Hand piecing project soon, since my Hexie projects are not really good for taking with me right now. I really need to sit and add greens and flowers to my first hexie project, but they are all pretty made. So maybe we'll have another movie day soon.










1 comment:
you have a very wise mother
Post a Comment