My machine seems to have hit a hiccup in the road. Nothing serious...just user apathy. I've been doing a bit more with my hexie quilt, but it was a bit of a shock last night to realize I had spent less than 10 minutes at my machine in a week. Some of this is due to the boys getting the stomach flu, Nate getting an ear infection, after we all had colds. My cold lasted for 12 days, and now I am on an antibiotic to try and clear up the subsequent sinus infection...and as of yesterday, I also got to add eye drops for the pink eye that was a result of the sinus infection. But I think we are all on the mend finally.
So I'm trying to jumpstart my desire to work on things again. I, of course, really need to focus on my Long Time Gone blocks. I think I've completely disqualified myself from the prizes...but I really want to be able to focus on it.
This is where I stand on the last 2 weeks of blocks for the Long Time Gone. But at least they are cut and in process. And it's still the beginning of the week, so maybe I can actually get this week's blocks done on time.
I got to go to my first estate sale with a friend from church. There was supposed to be a ton of fabric, but we went on the second day, so there wasn't a ton left when we got there. It was a giant house, and there was an entire room of yarn. Each of these sock skeins was only $2 a piece. Kyle picked out one of the purples, saying he wants purple socks.
I've also been trying to get myself to work on catching up on the Hexie flowers I swap with my best friend. We make 2 flowers a month...the Monsters are my December flowers, with the purple being the first one for January. The little blue ones, I think I've already counted 1 of them, but the other 2 were pieced during a Relief Society meeting last night. Now I have to prep more fabric for my travel hexies. I ran out...so I actually had to sit there without anything.
This has not been helping my lack of machine time. This is my cutting table, and is sooo covered in stuff, I almost don't know how to start on it. I'm going to try for 10 minutes to see if I can make some progress.
This is my hexie basket. It came in handy while the boys and I had some forced down time watching movies. The hardest part about my boys being sick...is that they don't want to rest and get better...they just want to keep running around causing disaster in their wake.
I did also cut some squares out of my multicolor scraps to use as Leaders and Enders, so my block count should hopefully be higher in the next couple of days...if I can keep myself working at my machine.








1 comment:
I'll take the skittles to help clean up the table
Post a Comment