
Here is the quilt I finished for the 2013 Peteetneet Quilt Show Challenge Category. It was the only quilt I entered. It is foundation pieced, and each block represented a member of my family. On each block, I added the name of the person it represented, with the shell in the corner containing our last name (ok my old last name). I gave it to my mom for Mother's Day (very late since I didn't get it to her until my trip in October).

The fancy boat is my mom. The smaller boats are my 4 brothers and I. The 5 beach umbrellas are the 5 grandkids. The angelfish is my dear late sister-in-law Annie. And finally, my dad and my husband are the beach balls.
It is hand quilted (my first hand quilting project). It also was my 3rd finished quilt. I was very pleased with how it turned out.
1 comment:
Good thing you gave it to her already or you would have to add another umbrella somewhere!
Post a Comment