The block/board for May for the Play With Me Quilt-Along is the Peg Solitaire board. Our technique to learn was Applique. So I chose to Raw Edge Applique my circles on. I then was able to try out a new kind of thread as I free-motioned in the circles to hold them down. The thread I tried was Glide and the color was Warm Grey 4. I think it worked really well. It kind of had a soft metallic look to it. I loved the 3 color look that Alida used, so imitated that. The circles all came from my scrap bins and the neutral was a fat quarter I got at Corn Wagon Quilt Co. after one of our guild meetings earlier this year. I loved how quick and simple this board was. It made it a lot easier to get it done earlier in the month.
Check out what the others joining in on this quilt along are doing here. I should be around number 188.

2 comments:
Your block looks great! I like the fabric you picked. Thanks for linking up on the blog!
Looks very nice. Great that you were able to use the fabric you already had too! I haven't heard of that thread, will look next time I'm at a store though!
Post a Comment