About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

House Blocks Catch Up



I had a crazy February that resulted in me falling behind in a lot of my quilting projects. I am starting to get back into the swing of sewing again.

I am part of a 6.5 inch house block swap in a Facebook group. These are my blocks for February and March.

For the February block, my inspiration came from a baby quilt that was a single house made of scrappy blocks, and a roof made of long strips of fabric. So I replicated it in miniature. They are calling them the Minecraft House now.

For the March Block, I had the idea to use a sheer fabric to make a physical representation of the phrase "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." So I free-motioned a pile of stones, and then appliqued the sheer fabric to the block. I'm quite pleased with the end result (even if it doesn't show up well in pictures).

No comments: