1 8.5 inch block down 8 to go. I don't know why, but I really dragged my feet about making the extra 8.5 inch blocks for my Red and White (and Black) Quilt. It might have been because the blocks I picked were paper pieced. I actually really like paper piecing, but the idea of oversizing pieces and trimming (and throwing out those trimmings) really bugs me for some reason. Not to mention there are those odd shaped pieces that if you don't oversize enough they can be fussy, and difficult. Anyway... So I started with this one and they went relatively quickly after that. This pattern and all of the ones I used for the extra blocks came from the Quilter's Cache. There is a wonderful gallery of blocks available and they can be viewed by name, block size, or when they were added to the collection.
No comments:
Post a Comment