About Me

My photo
I love to knit, read, and quilt. I enjoy spending time with my sons every day.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Crib Rail Guard


   So these are a project I started just after we bought our son his crib. I got the idea from the knitty professors blog. I had bought inexpensive rail guards from Ikea that don't actually work on this crib because of the slight sleighbed type curve of the rail. I then modified the pattern from the knitty professors blog to try to accommodate the thickness of nate's rails, got started, and forgot about it. I had only managed to make about a foots worth of rail before I stopped working on it due to moving my computer and craft stuff downstairs, but I digress. Since he was so little (both age and height) I didn't really see the need to relocate my supplies again until I went in to get him out of his bed just after naptime one day last week and found him trying to figure out how to dig his 1.5 teeth into the very railing I wished to protect. So I decided it must be finished and I am now quite pleased with the results. I used two strands of cotton, one in a yellow variegated and one in an orange variegated. I am not sure as of yet whether or not to try and get those side rails as well since they start at the same height as the front rail.
 


No comments: